Stockton Graham & Co. is growing in leaps and bounds, and we’re searching for a new Production Associate to join our Raleigh, NC-based team.
About the Opportunity
We are looking for a specialty coffee enthusiast who is interested in working with a dynamic, growing company. The ideal candidate is a hard-working, self-motivated individual able to confidently work with minimal supervision. This position involves working in our coffee production department, helping prepare and package specialty roasted coffee for a variety of customer needs.
- Operate Packaging Equipment & Machinery. Some repetitive tasks required.
- Produce and package coffee according to Stockton Graham specification & recipe.
- Participate in ‘cuppings’ to determine quality of green coffees and ideal roast level per green coffee lot.
- Prepare roasted coffees for shipping by affixing labels, bagging, grinding if requested.
- Assists with inventory tracking & reporting of green and roasted coffees.
- Maintain and repair roasting and packaging equipment as required.
Perform other related duties as assigned, including:
- Prepare items accurately for shipment according to customer orders/instructions by retrieving from the warehouse, packaging, weighing on a scale and documenting correct shipment details with shipment processing software.
- Store materials and supplies within the warehouse according to part number and/or description by safely performing physical tasks such as lifting, carrying and stacking by hand or safely using material handling equipment.
- Maintain the roasting and packaging area in a safe and orderly manner in accordance with defined health and safety standards.
- Receive and inspect incoming shipments for discrepancies and damages and report problems promptly to the purchasing manager.
- Coffee roasting and apprenticeship opportunities for the right candidate.
- Ability to lift at least 75 pounds unassisted.
- Ability to operate equipment, including electric lifts and sealers.
- Enjoys working in a dynamic environment and being part of a high-performance team.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous warehouse and shipping & receiving experience.
- Basic computer skills, with MAS 200 software and FedEx shipping software experience preferred.
- Previous coffee experience preferred.
Founded in 1994, Stockton Graham & Co.® is a specialty coffee roaster and wholesale beverage, equipment and accessory distributor located in Raleigh, NC that’s committed to helping specialty retailers build superior and successful coffee businesses through:
• Roasting great coffees from around the world.
• Developing customized specialty coffee and beverage programs.
• Creating and promoting coffee industry standards and trends.
• Providing operators the keys to building enduring specialty coffee businesses.
• Offering customer’s unsurpassed knowledge and tools to serve quality coffees and other hand-crafted specialty drinks.
Simply stated, at Stockton Graham & Co.®, our obsession is blending the art and business of coffee.
From understanding the art of sourcing, roasting and brewing exceptional coffees, creating a memorable custom house blend and brewing the best cup, to the business of choosing the right specialty items to create a compelling menu, managing promotions and pricing drink offerings, our knowledgeable team will help you find the best options to support your business success. With over 100+ combined years of experience as past café owners, franchise consultants, marketers and coffee geeks, our associates are trained and knowledgeable in the world of coffee, both as an art and a business.
As an industry leader and pioneer in developing and promoting specialty coffee standards (SCAA, WBC, USBC), we develop all roast profiles for optimal flavor when brewed according to SCAA standards. Our team has served as SCAA volunteers, judges and instructors, as well as volunteers for USBC, WBC and BGA.
If you’re interested in applying, please email your resume to email@example.com.