With fall just around the corner, what better way to celebrate the final weeks of summer than adding a little peach to your menu? Peach smoothies and syrups can help create great variations on products you may already offer, and will help guests slow down and enjoy what’s left of summer!
With iced tea being such a big hit this summer, a great way to make it even better is to add some peach syrup! If you’re already brewing traditional black iced tea (unsweetened), add three pumps of peach syrup to your 12oz cups for a delicious variation on a classic beverage.
Ever try a peach “french” soda? Simply add three pumps of peach syrup to a 12oz cup of ice, fill it up with club soda leaving about half an inch at the top, and finish it off with half-n-half! This slightly carbonated, creamy peach drink is perfect on these hot summer days. It’s also a great treat for children to enjoy and something a little different than the frozen drinks they may be getting tired of!
If it’s a frozen drink you’re looking for, create a 12oz peachy keen blended beverage by adding 3 pumps of peach syrup to a 12oz cup of ice, fill the cup nearly to the top with milk, add any blended beverage base you may carry, blend, top with whipped cream and enjoy!
We haven’t forgotten about you peach smoothie lovers, either! For an awesome peach smoothie, simply add two or three fresh basil leaves to your smoothie product and blend! It is really simple, delicious and will definitely have your customers coming back for more!
Fall is just about here, and it’s a great time to be a coffee shop owner! Your regulars start to return from summer vacation, kids begin a new school year, and some of the most favored seasonal blends and drinks give people another reason to stop in your shop. There’s a lot going on, and a business owner can get overwhelmed quickly, so we have prepared a cheat sheet of preps that you should take into consideration in order to plan for a successful fall.
• Revise your menu for fall drinks! As we move into fall, our industry shifts gears and we begin to prepare for coffee’s busiest season. It is time to consider promoting your seasonal drinks, beginning with pumpkin!
• Call Stockton Graham & Co. to pre-order seasonal syrups and sauces. Customers expect flavors like Pumpkin Spice and Caramel Apple to be on your fall menu. Pre-ordering these seasonal items ensures you are prepared to handle the demand. We highly suggest you order AT LEAST one case of pumpkin flavored syrup of your brand choice – it will sell. We offer it in DaVinci, Torani and Monin. To give you an extra boost with the fall transition Stockton Graham & Co. is offering a promotion for pumpkin syrups and sauces pre-order! Click here to learn more.
• Determine what seasonal coffees you will offer. Here at Stockton Graham & Co., we have numerous fall-inspired flavors and blends to satisfy any customer. Click here for more details, and a list of our favorite fall-time coffees!
• Apple cider is also a very common and popular drink for the colder months. Click here to learn great ways to incorporate cider into you menu!
• Don’t forget about Chai! Chai is always a big hit in fall and winter months, and it is a great way to pick up some of those smoothie and frappe sales that oftentimes slow down this time of the year. Check out this great chai recipe to get your chai program up and running!
• Just because the peak of frozen beverages has come and gone doesn’t mean you won’t continue to sell them now, and through the fourth quarter. Dr. Smoothie’s 100% Cherry Cranberry is always a fall-time favorite, and this year’s new fall smoothie hit is Torani’s real fruit Green Apple smoothie! This green apple smoothie mixed with caramel sauce makes an AWESOME caramel apple smoothie. To give it a try, check out a spectacular offer here.
• And finally, make sure you are well staffed. Remember, fall marks the beginning of the busiest time of the year, and you don’t want to be shorthanded when it comes to employees. If you do need to hire additional help, be sure to consider Stockton Graham and Co.’s Coffee College to make sure your baristas are the best that they can be, ultimately saving you money!
If this is your first season as a cafe owner, or if you’re a veteran looking for some new, spicy ideas, contact one of our customer care associates today at (800) 835-5943 for additional seasonal advice!
Fall is a great time to be a coffee shop owner – regulars return from summer vacation, kids begin a new school year and popular seasonal blends and drinks give people another reason to stop in shop. There’s a lot going on, both personally and professionally, and a business owner can get overwhelmed quickly.
√ Plan fall menu and drinks.
√ Call Stockton Graham & Co. to order seasonal syrups and sauces. Customers expect flavors like Pumpkin Spice and Caramel Apple to be on your fall menu. Pre-ordering these seasonal items ensures you are prepared to handle the demand. We highly suggest you order AT LEAST one case pumpkin flavored syrup of your brand choice – it will sell. We offer it in DaVinci, Torani and Monin.
√ What blends and flavored coffees will you offer? As the temperature cools, coffee sales heat up. We have a wide variety of fall blends and flavors to suit any palate. Click here to see a list of our favorite fall coffees!
√ Hire additional staff as needed. Do they need training? Our Coffee College program will make them the best baristas they can be and, ultimately, save you money.
√ Sign-up for free vendor point-of-sale material. Check out this listing of where to sign-up, HERE.
What seasonal products can I offer my customers around October and November other than pumpkin based drinks?
– Suzanne Thompson
Pumpkin style sauces and syrups are a great way to fulfill the needs of autumn. Pumpkin happens to be very versatile as well, so you should certainly continue to use it as a principal seasonal flavor if you do not already. If you want to offer even more seasonal specials, then kudos! A coffee shop that offers more variety has the ability to fulfill more preferences and can attract a broader clientele. So, to answer your question, there are plenty of options out there but the flavors that seem to be the most profitable include Maple Spice, Apple, Caramel, Cinnamon, Chai, and Hot Chocolate. These products are available in all of the same formats as pumpkin flavorings, and can be combined with traditional beverages that you most likely already sell (which will minimize your cost!).
For more information visit the seasonal section the Stockton Graham & Co. website, and don’t forget that we offer seasonal flavored coffee which can also supplement a need for variety.
Great news! The Monin Merchandising Kits designed especially for the fall and winter months are shipping soon. If you haven’t received a confirmation email that yours is automaticlaly shipping, please visit www.Monin.com and sign-up today.
With signature recipes like the Sugar N’ Spice Latte, Harvest Cinnamon Cider and Chocolate Stout Latte, you will be sure to please your guests and increase seasonal sales!
The Merchandising Kit includes:
• 10 Signature Recipe Cards created by the Monin Beverage Innovation Team • 8 Counter Cards for table top or register promotion • 1 Acrylic Counter Sign Holder
The Poster Kit includes (optional order): • 4 Double-sided Beverage Posters for window or wall display
Also, be sure to order all of your favorite seasonal flavors, like Pumpkin Spice, from Stockton Graham!
This blend features traits of fruits from the autumn harvest. When brewed, it expresses a light scent of blueberries, and the flavor is reminiscent of dried apricots with chocolate and caramel accents. The velvety body makes for smooth drinking that ends with an aftertaste as crisp as an autumn wind.
Our Roastmaster created this blend to unite the major coffee-growing regions of the world. Kenyan, Guatemalan, and Sumatran varietals come together to form a dark-roasted blend that appeals to a wide variety of palates. It’s sure to please everyone at your feast.
Blue Ridge Blend
The Blue Ridge Blend is one of the most popular choices from our North Carolina-themed blends. This blend of South American coffees and our own French roast has a rich fragrance of nuts roasted in the Appalachian tradition with a buttery smooth body to match. It plays across the tongue with acidity as brisk as mountain air and leaves a well rounded aftertaste that’s never bitter or sour.
…also, don’t forget about our selection of fall flavored coffees like Pumpkin Spice, Pumpkin Cheesecake, BOO-berry and more!