The quality of your drinks depends on a myriad of factors including the coffee you serve, the skill of your barista and even the cleanliness and proper maintenance of your equipment. With the other two areas covered, the beginning of a New Year is a great time to do a check up your equipment and set your store up for success in 2015.
When it comes to equipment maintenance, prevention is key. We always encourage our customers to schedule their certified technician to come in and inspect their equipment regularly. To ensure smooth operations, we suggest having a few things checked, including:
- All seals and gaskets, to make sure they are not leaking and are in good condition.
- All water filters and softeners to make sure they are not expired.
- All brewers for signs of calcium build up.
- Spray heads. These need to be removed and thoroughly cleaned.
- Grinders for cleanliness and burrs for sharpness.
- Blenders need to be checked to ensure the drive sockets and blade assemblies are in good condition.
*All of the above suggestions should be done in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations. Contact your certified technician to ensure your machine maintenance is done properly and safely.
As you consider your 2015 budget, it may be a good time to consider equipment upgrades. Contact Stockton Graham & Co. for guidance on the right options for your store, from convenient lease options to handling the certified installation, we can help ease the process. Give us a call at 800 835 5943 to discuss equipment options!