Fall is just about here, and it’s a great time to be a coffee shop owner! Your regulars start to return from summer vacation, kids begin a new school year, and some of the most favored seasonal blends and drinks give people another reason to stop in your shop. There’s a lot going on, and a business owner can get overwhelmed quickly, so we have prepared a cheat sheet of preps that you should take into consideration in order to plan for a successful fall.
• Revise your menu for fall drinks! As we move into fall, our industry shifts gears and we begin to prepare for coffee’s busiest season. It is time to consider promoting your seasonal drinks, beginning with pumpkin!
• Call Stockton Graham & Co. to pre-order seasonal syrups and sauces. Customers expect flavors like Pumpkin Spice and Caramel Apple to be on your fall menu. Pre-ordering these seasonal items ensures you are prepared to handle the demand. We highly suggest you order AT LEAST one case of pumpkin flavored syrup of your brand choice – it will sell. We offer it in DaVinci, Torani and Monin. To give you an extra boost with the fall transition Stockton Graham & Co. is offering a promotion for pumpkin syrups and sauces pre-order! Click here to learn more.
• Determine what seasonal coffees you will offer. Here at Stockton Graham & Co., we have numerous fall-inspired flavors and blends to satisfy any customer. Click here for more details, and a list of our favorite fall-time coffees!
• Apple cider is also a very common and popular drink for the colder months. Click here to learn great ways to incorporate cider into you menu!
• Don’t forget about Chai! Chai is always a big hit in fall and winter months, and it is a great way to pick up some of those smoothie and frappe sales that oftentimes slow down this time of the year. Check out this great chai recipe to get your chai program up and running!
• Just because the peak of frozen beverages has come and gone doesn’t mean you won’t continue to sell them now, and through the fourth quarter. Dr. Smoothie’s 100% Cherry Cranberry is always a fall-time favorite, and this year’s new fall smoothie hit is Torani’s real fruit Green Apple smoothie! This green apple smoothie mixed with caramel sauce makes an AWESOME caramel apple smoothie. To give it a try, check out a spectacular offer here.
• And finally, make sure you are well staffed. Remember, fall marks the beginning of the busiest time of the year, and you don’t want to be shorthanded when it comes to employees. If you do need to hire additional help, be sure to consider Stockton Graham and Co.’s Coffee College to make sure your baristas are the best that they can be, ultimately saving you money!
If this is your first season as a cafe owner, or if you’re a veteran looking for some new, spicy ideas, contact one of our customer care associates today at (800) 835-5943 for additional seasonal advice!